After a family was forced to leave their home due to a fire, it is the latest tragedy following the loss of father David Wilson.
Caitlin and her children aged 4, 2 and 5 months, escaped the fire that was started by an electrical problem. Their home in Brompton near Northallerton has been severely damaged.
They have received an offer of an alternative house while repairs are carried out. However, they only have a few possessions due to the smoke and fire damage. To help, a fundraising page was set up in order to get them into their new home.
Caitlin stated: “I am absolutely devastated after losing Dave and my house. But I’m determined to take care of my children, because they are what matters most. My friend Karen was an angel for me and my children. I did not want the fundraising page to be set up. I do not want charity. She invited us to her house after the fire, and said that people wanted to help.
She has helped me through this terrible time.
Caitlin is already the target of trolls on social media. Caitlin said, “You wouldn’t be able to believe that some people had said such horrible things. It is upsetting. But then, so many people left us really nice messages of support. We really appreciate it.”
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue stated that the electrical fault was the cause of the fire, which spread throughout the home. The fire is believed to have started in the freezer.
In August, the family was still trying to get over dad Dave’s death. Caitlin recalled that his death was a complete surprise. Although he was not feeling well, he refused to go to the hospital. She had to dial an ambulance the next day and perform CPR, with help from ambulance crews. He did not recover. He died of coronary heart failure.
Caitlin stated: “He had been such a strong and lovely man. I cannot believe that he is gone. We made plans for both our family as well as ourselves. All of a sudden, everything changed and now I’m left to continue without him.
It is difficult, but I am sure he would have wanted me to continue and care for the kids. It is hard to see these beautiful children, who miss their father, but it’s necessary to continue.
Smoke damage cleanup must be addressed to restore your home after an incident. Smoke damage restoration includes the removal of residue and soot, as well as structural evaluation and deodorization. Expert services will ensure rapid and thorough mitigation. Do you have any kind of problems with this? Something I can’t deal with? Well, if you are looking for more information about our services, most options can be found here Imperial Restoration fire and smoke damage restoration specialists Toronto. They can also prevent further damage and eliminate lingering smells. For your home to be safe and habitable, you need professional assistance and timely action. Smoke damage restoration experts minimize losses and provide peace of mind in the difficult aftermath of a fire.